Monday, September 15, 2014

ONE MUST REPENT TO BE SAVED AND SOBER



God’s very simple answer and solution for
Christians who are suffering with addictions.

John 8:31-36

“If you hold to my” teaching”…

 Not mans!...

31 To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching,you are really my disciples. 32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free. ”33 They answered him, “We are Abraham’s descendants and have never been slaves of anyone. How can you say that we shall be set free? ”34 Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, everyone who sins is a slave to sin.35 Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever. 36 So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

I know no more than the next person. All I know I've learned from personal experience. I learned long ago that there is but one Truth, God’s Truth. Other than our own experiences in life, mixed with, and based upon God’s Truth, all other experience is irrelevant and is not worthy to be considered knowledge. The only worthy knowledge we have is that which God has allowed us to receive.

I spent almost 30 of the first 40 years of my life a reckless, selfish, hateful, useless drunk and addict! I’ve now spent every minute of the past 30 years since I became Saved and Sober, consciously seeking God’s Truth, and how it applied to my past, how it applies to the present, and how I might use that knowledge to share with others that it may benefit their future! I expect no one to read, listen, or agree with anything I say or write, except for those few who God directs to do so.

While satan is busy doing his job destroying lives by turning innocent victims into alcoholics and addicts, I’m busy serving God by sharing His Truth and exposing the enemies lies regarding addictions and God’s plan for recovery, which in His Kingdom is known and understood as Salvation, not recovery! Neither the word addiction nor recovery is a word found anywhere’s in God’s Word! That’s because addiction is sin, and recovery from it requires Salvation, not 12 steps!

A simple but very deadly fact about addictions, recovery, and relapse! Alcoholics and addicts will continue to live their daily lives in their recklessly dysfunctional and disoriented state of mind long after their last physical use of the drugs and alcohol of their choice. The hangovers and consequences last long after the headaches go away! There must be an extended and extensive period of time in complete sobriety before the dysfunctional, disoriented, state of mind, and thinking, and behavior begins to improve and change. Every individual requires more or less time than the next, and quite often relapse happens before there’s been enough time to fully recover. Sadly millions spend their lives in recovery, one relapse after another, never completely “recovered”! The AA, and other secular 12-step programs are a big reason for this dilemma, with its cliché, “keep coming back, it works,” and its myth that addiction is a disease; the truth is that if it worked, you wouldn’t need to keep going back! A person can “recover” from pneumonia, or a heart attack, or a broken arm, but you can’t “recover” from sin! We must repent, and ask God for forgiveness, and turn to Him and follow Him! Then, and not until then, can we be Saved and Sober!  

2 comments :